Monday, March 19, 2012

C'est lundi matin!

It's more fun when you say it in French, no?

Here we stand on the edge of the cliff...leading us into another week with lots of promise to be better than we were last week.  This week marks the beginning of Spring, so why not let the power of suggestion take over and let it mean a fresh start for you as well?  Forget about all of your little missteps or unhealthy choices over the weekend, or even the last few months.  Everyone has to start somewhere.

 Today, I am saying "goodbye, adios, adieu, ciao!" to all of my insecurities about training and eating.  I am learning to have faith in my plans and keep my eyes on the goal.  It can be difficult, especially as a female, to accept that you need to eat more to get the results you want.  I constantly find myself struggling to not feel guilt when I take in 2000kcal in a day after so many months/years of sticking around 1500kcal.  The sad part is, this number may not even be enough to support my active lifestyle and training regimen - especially when I am trying to put on muscle.  All of this food-associated guilt will only raise my stress hormone levels and result in having to work that much harder to attain my goals.

So, back to the message of starting fresh.  I will say so long to my calorie obsessed ways and aloha to hearty, healthy meals and treating food as fuel.  Food should and will be enjoyed, but not at the expense of my self esteem.  I eat to train now, rather than training to eat.  My workouts are not designed to undo whatever indulgence I had at dinner last night, they are meant to make me stronger - physically and mentally - so that I can have happiness and balance. 


NOTE:  The caloric goals and requirements for every individual will vary greatly.  Factors including your height, current & goal weight, and activity level are all involved.  For ways to calculate your caloric needs, send me a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment