Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Beginnings

I suppose this would be a great time to explain why I've decided to blog.  I'm leaving my job as a researcher at NYU at the end of the week and moving out of Manhattan after 2 and a half years of hustle and bustle in the greatest city in the world.  All of this transition has left me with lots of nervous energy over where my life is heading next.  I'm hoping this will serve as an outlet for my creative and mostly healthy cooking ideas, workouts, and daily motivation.  It's too easy to lose your sense of self in the situation I'm about to enter, and I'm hoping this is one way to keep focused.

My plan here is not just for helping myself stay motivated during the search for new employment, but also to help others.  Friends often ask me for advice on fitness regimens and what I eat to stay in shape.  I can safely say they've seen me eat more than my fair share of cookies and ice cream, so they want to know my secrets.  I plan to share recipes and photos of my culinary endeavors, as well as exercise programs designed by my insanely supportive boyfriend, Leor.  Conveniently enough, he is a NASM certified personal trainer, plus carries certifications in HKC (kettlebells) and TRX (my FAVE)! 

I've also recruited help from some others, including one of my closest friends and fellow fit cookie monster, Nicole.  She is truly the source of every ridiculously delicious recipe I attempt.  Plus, I need an honest taste tester!

So, there we have it.  All that's left to do is let the cookie crumble as it may!

Follow me on Twitter: @fitcookiemonstr!
E-mail me: fitcookiemonster@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment